All the basic python programming skills you need as a pre-requisite for starting with Data Science.
Understanding python and installation
- What is Python?
- How do I download python on my laptop?
- How to run python code?
- How to find the version of python?
Working Directory and files
- Find the current working directory in python
- Change the current working directory in python
- List all the files inside a directory
- Add a new path to the path variable in python
Variable creation in python
- How to create variables?
- Know the data type of a variable
- Print the variables created in the current session
- How to delete variables?
- How to change variable datatype?
Basic Data Structures in Python
- Python Sequences: Strings
- Python Sequences: List
- Python Sequences: Tuple
- Python Sets
- Python Dictionaries
- Pandas Dataframe and Series
- Reading data from CSV/EXCEL file in python
- Reading data from Oracle database in python
- Reading data from the SQL Server database in python
- Reading data from the MySQL database in python
- Exporting data out of python as CSV/EXCEL
- Add a new sheet to existing excel using pandas
Basic Data Exploration
- User-defined functions
- Rename columns in the data frame
- Change the order of columns in data
- Delete columns from data
- Feature Engineering: Creating new variables based on existing variables
- Feature Engineering: Extracting Month/Year from a date column
- String to date conversion
- Joining two data frames
- Sorting rows in data
- Remove duplicate rows
- Finding and replacing values in data columns